As an industry, the construction community has the opportunity to bring recognition of mental illness and suicide risk out in the open. Recognizing the signs, having resources for assistance and removing the stigma associated with mental illness are important steps we can all participate in.
Please join the Southern California Suicide Prevention Summit as we learn more about this subject, identify key steps and best practices for our own companies and work together to formulate ideas to spread the word across the state and beyond. Be a participant in the solution of this critical issue!
Earn 4.0 CPE credits in the field of Personnel/Human Resources. This is a group-live program at the Overview level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required.
- Discuss the industry and workforce risk factors that make suicide risk a concern in construction
- Explain how to protect your workforce and their families by starting a dialogue on this topic
- Discuss what leading construction companies are doing to address this issue by incorporating mental health into safety and wellness programs
- Identify local community mental health resources and how to tap into these services
- Develop an action plan to address this life-saving topic in your company
Thursday, April 20, 2017 -11:30 am - 4:00 pm
Wedgewood at the Retreat: 8007 Soft Winds Dr. Corona, CA 92883
11:30 am to 12:15 pm - Registration / Lunch
12:15 pm to 12:30 pm - Opening Remarks- Stuart Binstock
12:30 pm to 1:30 pm - Keynote Speaker- Sally Spencer-Thomas
1:30 pm to 1:50 pm - Lived Experience
1:50 pm to 2:00 pm - Break
2:00 pm to 3:00 pm - Local Community Mental Health Speaker- Dr. Nina Gutin
3:00 pm to 3:45 pm - Panel Discussion- Sally Spencer-Thomas, Dr. Nina Gutin, David James
3:45 pm to 4:00 pm - Q&A/Closing Remarks
$25.00 Please register by Friday, April 14, 2017Sponsorship:
Event Sponsor $500.00 Includes:
- Registration for 2
- Company logo on all promotional material
- Recognition on day of Summit
Who should attend: Owners, executives, safety managers and human resource professionals are encouraged to attend.
Cancellations and Refunds: Request for refunds must be received by April 14, 2017, no refunds will be granted after this date. For information regarding refunds, complaints, or program cancellation policies, contact Travis Foth firstname.lastname@example.org.More Information - Event Flyer